Whether you’re in the market for an amazing new yacht or you simply want to experience one of the most extraordinary displays of luxury to come ashore in the Magic City, the 2019 Miami Yacht Show offers five days of fun and entertainment in a spectacular showcase of excellence and innovation. With the debut of its extraordinary new Downtown Miami location and an enticing selection of elite lifestyle experiences for everyone who appreciates deluxe living and exceptional brands, be sure to plan enough time to enjoy all the remarkable experiences this show has to offer. With 500 yachts on display in three marina sites and the latest marine gear and equipment, time-honored watches, exotic cars, contemporary artwork, fashion and entertainment, here are six of the top not-to-be missed attractions:
1. Location, Location, Location: Topping this year’s big news is the show’s move from Collins Avenue in Miami Beach to Downtown Miami at One Herald Plaza, between the MacArthur and Venetian causeways on Biscayne Bay. The event incorporates Sea Isle Marina behind the Omni and Marriott Biscayne Bay, One Herald Plaza and Island Gardens on Watson Island, home to SuperYacht Miami. Take time to check out a major new addition to the show: the 67,000-square-foot, climate-controlled exhibition pavilion housing over 200 exhibitors. Located in the heart of Miami’s downtown core, the new site offers remarkably convenient access to the show via the new Brightline high-speed train from West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale with an easy hop from the Miami Metro Mover station.
2. Dock Hop: Enjoy food and drinks while strolling the expansive indoor/outdoor show featuring more than 200 yachting and luxury lifestyle exhibitors.
3. After Dark: The Miami Yacht Show’s opening day culminates with an inaugural evening celebration of its new location and its 31st edition featuring entertainment, cocktails, wine by Chateau d’Esclans’ Whispering Angel Rosé, dock strolls and local fare. Admission to the event is $50 per couple with proceeds benefitting the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science in Miami.
4. VIP Status: The Windward VIP Experience is an exclusive, climate-controlled venue where guests enjoy a premium open bar, gourmet food, happy hours and private events. Ulysse Nardin is the presenting sponsor of the Windward VIP Experience and the official timekeeper of the Miami Yacht Show. Windward VIP guests will enjoy an exclusive preview of the brand’s latest innovations, including the international debut of a new Haute Horlogerie timepiece that embodies the finest in nautical luxury. Watchmakers will be on-site daily to demonstrate the latest technologies. The pioneering watch manufacturer draws inspiration from its marine heritage, delivering timepieces sought by collectors around the world. Priced at $200 per person per day, the VIP package includes show admission, valet parking and tender service to and from Super Yacht Miami.
5. Get Artsy: Taking place next door to the Miami Yacht Show is Art Wynwood, the premier contemporary and modern art fair produced by Art Miami, the top ranked international art fair by attendance in the U.S.
6. Timeless Traditions at Watches & Wonders and Miami Concours: After walking the docks, head over to the Miami Design District for Watches & Wonders and Miami Concours, featuring programs for watch and exotic car aficionados. True to tradition, each of the time-honored brands on display boasts a unique legacy with unwavering focus on the exquisite caliber of its products. Shuttle transportation from the Miami Yacht Show to the Miami Design District is available Friday through Sunday.
The Miami Yacht Show’s new location brings it closer to its SuperYacht Miami show at Island Gardens Deep Harbour Marina on Watson Island. In addition to the 500 extraordinary vessels on display at the Miami Yacht Show, SuperYacht Miami is home to the most over-the-top yachts on the market, from 90 feet to over 320 feet of pure elegance. Leading yacht builders Lurssen, Abeking & Rasmussen, Mangusta, Princess, Riva, Pershing and others will display and debut new and never-seen-before floating works of art. Separate SuperYacht Miami tickets are available for purchase, with boarding at the discretion of each vessel.
For more information and to purchase tickets online, go to MiamiYachtShow.com. The Miami Yacht Show is produced by Informa Exhibitions and co-owned by Informa and the International Yacht Brokers Association (IYBA).